Thursday 11 January 2018

PLANS FOR MY DISNEY COLLECTION IN 2018


So 2017 saw my collection expand a lot, from mugs to pins to plushes, you name it - I probably bought it! It also saw a trip to Walt Disney World, so lots of sentimental items joined my collection too, as this trip was definitely a bucket list one. That being said, it was definitely a year of mostly impulse buying, and not much thought into what I wanted to focus my collection on, or add to it. Taking all this into consideration, I've decided 2018 is the year I'm going to work and save towards adding some special pieces to my collection, and make sure I have a clear plan going into the next 12 months - something to work towards if you will! I'm going to give a little break down below of some of my plans over the coming months for my collection. Enjoy! 

1. Disney Traditions
Jim Shore's Disney Traditions are something that I was very late to get into, but something that I've really grown to love. I added a few to my collection last year - including the Hat Box Ghost that I purchased from Art of Disney at Disney Springs, which is my all time favourite purchase from last year (see my 17 favourite buys in my recent YouTube video here). 

This year I've decided I want to start buying a lot more ornamental pieces, which is why I thought what better way to start than with Jim Shore?! What I want to steer away from though, is buying anything I like that I see, which is why I need to give a bit of consideration as to which Jim Shore pieces I specifically want to focus on, rather than just splurge on all pieces that I like! I'd mostly like to focus on The Nightmare Before Christmas ones (which ties in with another focus for my collection in 2018, mentioned further down), the other two Haunted Mansion pieces that were released in the US, as well as some of my other favourite films - Mulan, Moana, Hercules (which are very difficult to get a hold of now!), Princess & the Frog... the list goes on. I want to have some sort of order to my collection, rather than random pieces here and there. 

2. LE Dolls
Sticking with the 'ornamental' theme, another thing I'd love to focus on this year is getting some limited edition dolls that I've been lusting after. I have the Moana doll (the first one that Disney Store released) - but I'd really like to add some more to my collection. Pocahontas should be coming out in the next few months, which I will of course be trying to get my hands on - other than that one, I'd love to add blue dress Aurora, Olaf's Frozen Adventure Anna & Elsa, and Snow White in rags to my collection. I'm not sure where on earth I would display them all, as I barely have room to have Moana on show, but I'd love to own them nonetheless! 

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
The final focus for my collection this year is, as mentioned earlier in the post, The Nightmare Before Christmas! This is my all time favourite film, and I definitely do not have enough merchandise to warrant the word 'collection' being used, which makes me very sad. Tying in with Jim Shore above, I imagine the main focus will be getting some of the Disney Traditions that have come out - but this year is the 25th anniversary of the film, so I'm expecting to see a lot more merch hitting the shelves! We've already seen some sneak peaks of things to be released in the US, so I'm praying to the Disney gods that we get the same sorts of items in Europe! 

Do you have any specific plans for your collection this year? I'd love to hear it in the comments! 

Thanks for reading x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am also focusing on LE dolls this year! I have Pocahontas and Heirloom Moana is on her way. I'd love to add Winter Belle and Tiana down the road .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you managed to get Pocahontas! I'd really like to get the second Moana one too to go with my other one. They're all so beautiful aren't they - I find it hard to narrow down which ones I want! X

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig