Wednesday 29 March 2017

DISNEY HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS / WDW SERIES


Welcome to the next post in my Walt Disney World series ☺

We're on the home straight now with only 32 days (!!!!!) left to go until we fly! Eeeeek! I don't think I've ever been so excited for anything in my life, and I just can't quite believe how quickly it's come around. For today's post I'm going to be talking about my Disney Holiday Essentials - the items that everyone needs to take to a Disney park with them! A big part of getting excited about this holiday has been the planning, as I'm sure is the same for everyone who goes to WDW - there's certainly a lot of planning that goes into it, and a part of that has been looking for and buying Disney themed items and accessories to take with me and wear whilst I'm there. 

First up is probably the most obvious one - mouse ears. I think it's safe to say pretty much everyone that goes to any of the Disney parks around the world buys ears to wear, whether that be from an independent small business, or from Disney themselves whilst you're there. I've purchased four different pairs in advance of going, and I'll probably buy some whilst I'm there too. I'm going to start with two pairs from the same seller that I'm completely in love with.

I first found Three Little Tinkers quite a few months back, way before I had a Disney holiday planned when I was searching on Etsy for Pocahontas ears. I immediately fell in love with the ears I found, especially because they had Meeko on them - who is my absolute favourite Disney sidekick/animal character. I bookmarked them on my app, and went straight onto Instagram to see if they had an account - they did, so I obviously I followed them! I spent a few months looking at everything they uploaded and admiring from a far, until I saw them post a picture of some Moana ears in December. By now I had the trip planned, so got in contact with them about a custom listing for two pairs of ears, and we threw some ideas back and forth for the Moana pair. The original pair they'd posted had Pua on the front but I decided to opt for Hei Hei instead. I also asked if they could do the Heart of Te Fiti on the other side instead of the fish hook which was on the picture they posted. They are so lovely, and so accommodating to what you want, and their ears are stunning. It seems you guys loved them too, and the pictures I posted on Instagram received so many likes and comments - it made me so happy to watch their following increase because their ears are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen! They were very kind to me and sent me matching felt badges to go with my ears, and I honestly cannot wait to wear them in the parks!


Search for @threelittletinkers to follow them on Instagram - there you can stay up-to-date with their shop announcements and when they're open. They close a lot to catch up on existing orders, but you can find their shop here. 

Next up for ears are two pairs from two different shops, both of which I know through Instagram. Luby & Lola (which is run by the always lovely Lola) make some of the most beautiful ears - it is honestly so difficult to decide which ones you want to buy from her if you're limiting yourself to one pair! If you're looking for something that's more on the plain side, that would kind of go with anything then you have so much choice with her shop - as well as lots of more ornate, character based pairs - which is what I went for! I was instantly obsessed with the gorgeous Tinkerbell pair she makes as soon as I first saw her post about them on Instagram. With so many ears companies around now, a lot of the time you can see lots of the same sorts of design, but I've never seen any that are anything like these ones! They're so, so pretty and I can't wait to wear them with another Tink item I'm featuring later on in this post!

The final pair is from the lovely Natasha at Ears Ever After - again I know her through Instagram. I was debating whether to go park specific with the ears that I chose, and when she introduced Epcot ears into her shop I knew they would be perfect! We've got quite a lot of time planned to spend in Epcot as the Flower & Garden Festival is on whilst we're there, so I'm really pleased I decided to buy these! I adore the metallic bow on them - after I bought them I actually noticed you can customise the bow to pretty much whatever you want colour wise - but I would have chosen the one they came with anyway so that worked out well!


You can find Luby & Lola on Instagram by searching @lubyandlola - click here to visit Lola's shop.
You can find Ears Ever After on Instagram by searching @earseverafter - click here to visit Natasha's shop.

In terms of bags, I'm taking three different bags with me to carry in the parks - one backpack and two Danielle Nicole bags. My boyfriend will also be taking a backpack which will be useful on the days I'm using the smaller bags. The backpack is actually from my shop www.disneyinparticular.co.uk - they are currently available on pre-order for the next 24 hours. It's the larger of the two sizes available, and is honestly such great quality - I'm so excited to be able to visit a Disney Park with one!


If you'd like to pre-order one, click here.

Next up are my Danielle Nicole bags - I'm not going to go on too much about these as I've posted about them so many times on Instagram! The Snow White one was very kindly gifted to me by Danielle to mark the launch of her collection in the UK for the first time on QVC. You can still get these bags through the website so I'll post links below. The quality on these is perfect, and they're really the most beautiful bags. When she did launch on the shopping channel, I treated myself to Tinkerbell one (which I'll be wearing with my ears!), and the Sebastian clutch which I'm planning on using as my purse whilst we're away - so holding all my money, ID, photocopies of documents and our itinerary with all our reservations, fast passes etc. I'm totally eyeing up the live action Mrs Potts one she's just released, as well as the enchanted rose bag - they're on my live action Beauty & the Beast wishlist for sure!


Click here to shop the Danielle Nicole range on QVC.

Next up are a couple more items that I was very kindly gifted, this time from the lovely Megan at Story Books Revived. She makes the most beautiful notebooks from upcycled Disney books - using the book covers as the covers for the notebook, and scattering some of the storybook pages throughout the notebook amongst the plain/lined paper which is such as nice touch. These come in two different sizes, the larger of which is £7 and the smaller being £5. The large one has lined paper in it, and I'm actually going to use it as a scrapbook for our holiday, so fill it with pictures and tickets etc when we get back - which I'm already so excited to do! I opted for the Lion King 2 as it's one of my absolute favourite films ever and you very rarely see any merchandise for it! The smaller notebook is actually meant as an autograph book - which is what I'll be using it for if I decide to collect autographs whilst I'm there. It's got 70 blank pages in it, so more than enough to have every character you come across sign in it. It's the perfect size to carry around with you - and she has such an amazing variety of covers to choose from. A massive thank you again to Megan for sending me these gorgeous notebooks, I can't wait to put them to use 💖


To follow Megan on Instagram, search for @storybooksrevived or visit her Etsy store here

Finally is an item of clothing - now I'm actually not going to buy any other Disney clothing to wear whilst I'm there, because I'd rather dress kinda neutral (I'm mostly a black/white/grey kinda girl) that way I can wear whichever accessories I want to and they'll pretty much go with anything I take clothing wise. That being said, I could not resist this Moana t-shirt from Primark when I saw it, and knew I needed it to wear with my ears! It's super useful that it's just a white t-shirt other than the print, that way it'll be really easy to style and go with most things.


I'm not 100% sure this is still available in Primark - I actually ordered this off eBay as my nearest store is a little too far away. If they're not available it might be worth having a look on eBay or Facebook groups to see if you can nab one from somewhere else.

And that's it for my Disney Holiday Essentials! Is there anything I haven't included that you always make sure to take with you? I'd love to know what you like to take - especially those of you who frequently visit the parks 

Thanks for reading!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig